Who we are...
The North American Primary Care Research Group (NAPCRG) is a multidisciplinary organization for primary care researchers. Founded in 1972 and oriented to family medicine, NAPCRG welcomes members from all primary care generalist disciplines and related fields, including epidemiology, behavioral sciences, and health services research.
NAPCRG's accomplishments in fostering primary care research include:
- Promoting multi-method research and linkages between qualitative and quantitative approaches to primary care research
- Nurturing novice researchers with training in research methodology, grant development, and career planning; supportive feedback on research ideas and projects; and experience presenting their work in an international forum
- Developing and supporting practice-based research networks of regional, national, and international scope
- Developing primary care classification systems for research and patient care
Stimulating senior scientists with an interdisciplinary network of colleagues, cutting-edge research technologies, and an organization devoted to research in primary care
- Developed the document, "Responsible Research With Communities: Participatory Research in Primary Care"