Health is Primary is a 3-year communications campaign to advocate for the values of family medicine, demonstrate the benefits of primary care, and engage patients in the health care system. The aim is to build a primary care system that reflects the values of family medicine, puts patients at the center of their care, and improves the health of all Americans.
City Tour Dates
Health is Primary is traveling to cities across the country to showcase examples of local initiatives that are improving primary care and delivering on the Triple Aim of better care and better quality at a lower cost. If you wish to attend one of the events contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Health is Primary is running paid advertising in major national magazines including Prevention, Real Simple, and Latina. Outdoor advertising is running in shopping malls, pharmacies, and grocery stores around the country. The goal is to raise awareness about the campaign and the value of primary care.
The campaign is also providing print and radio public service announcements to outlets around the country to supplement our the campaign. These will begin in March 2015 and continue throughout the course of the campaign.
What You Can Do Now
- Download materials from the Health is Primary Toolkit to share with your faculty, residents, students, and patients.
- Increase interest in family medicine by being a positive role model.
- Make sure family medicine has a seat at the table when important decisions are being made at your organization and in your community.
- Work with payors to change payment models.
- On the Family Medicine for America's Health home page and the Health is Primary home page, sign up for email updates. Encourage other faculty, residents, and students to do so, as well.
- Direct your patients to the Health is Primary website. Teach patients to advocate for themselves and their communities.
- Share fitness and nutrition and the brand new chronic disease management and prevention handouts.
- Share your story! Health is Primary is looking for compelling primary care and family medicine case studies. The ideal stories are ones that are innovative and have led to significant transformation in primary care delivery and outcomes. Email info@FMAHealth.org.