Distinguished Research Mentor Award
Purpose: The Distinguished Mentor Research Award is intended to acknowledge outstanding mentorship of a NAPCRG member over the course of his/her career.
- Both the nominee and the nominator must be current NAPCRG members.
- The nominee must be at least 10 years into his/her research and/or academic career.
- An individual may only win the Distinguished Research Mentor Award once.
1) By February 15, 2017, each nominator will submit the following materials electronically:
- A letter of support, written by the nominator, clearly depicting why the nominee should receive this award. A small portion of the letter should stipulate why the nominee is eligible for this award (i.e. is a NAPCRG member, has not won the award previously, and is at least 10 years into his/her academic career).
- Up to two (2) additional letters of reference from current or former trainees, junior researchers, and/or junior faculty who have been mentored by the nominee. Letters may be countersigned by more than one individual.
- Nominees from the previous three years will be held for consideration and contacted prior to the deadline to update their materials on file.
2) The Awards Committee Chair will contact each nominee, via electronic mail, to inform him/her that he/she is being considered for the Distinguished Research Mentor Award. The nominee will be required to submit a (1) current curriculum vitae (5 page maximum) and (2) summary of his/her mentoring activities (3 page maximum) by March 31, 2017.
Evaluation Process: Complete submissions will be evaluated, independently, by at least 3 members of the Awards Committee. Submitted scores will be tallied and averaged to identify a recipient. The recipient of the Distinguished Research Mentor Award will be recognized and receive a commemorative plaque at the Awards Breakfast during the Annual Meeting. Nominations will be retained for three years consideration.
If you have any questions regarding submitting your materials or need technical assistance in doing so please contact Jill Haught at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions and/or require any additional information regarding the Distinguished Research Mentor Award, please contact Dr. Lorraine Wallace, NAPCRG Awards Committee Chair (Lorraine.Wallace@osumc.edu or 614-366-1785).