Mid-Career Researcher Award
Purpose: The Mid-Career Research Award is intended to recognize outstanding research accomplishments and significant recognition of an individual at the mid-career stage.
Eligibility Criteria: Nominee must be a current NAPCRG member.
The nominee may be defined as Mid-Career by the following evidence:
- 10 to 20 years since completion of terminal degree (e.g. MD, PhD, MSW)
- rank of either Assistant or Associate Professor (or equivalent)
- other evidence of mid-career status (i.e. please describe why the nominee qualifies as mid-career, if not explicitly by one of the criteria above)
- By February 15, 2017, the nominator will submit the following materials electronically:
- a letter of nomination (2 page maximum). The letter of nomination should emphasize why the nominee is both eligible for and deserving of the award.
- up to two (2) letters of reference describing why he/she should receive the award. Letters may be countersigned by more than one individual
- Nominees from the previous three years will be held for consideration and contacted prior to the deadline to update their materials on file.
2. The Awards Committee Chair will contact each nominee, via electronic mail, to inform him/her that he/she is being considered for the Mid-Career Researcher Award.
The nominee needs to submit the following materials by May 1, 2017:
- (1) current curriculum vitae (5 page maximum)
- (2) personal statement summarizing his/her primary care-related research activities and how his/her research is making and/or going to make a difference to primary care practice (2 page maximum)
Complete submissions will be evaluated, independently, by at least 3 members of the Awards Committee. Submitted scores will be tallied and averaged to identify a recipient. The recipient of the Mid-Career Research Award will be recognized and receive a commemorative plaque at the Awards Breakfast during the Annual Meeting.
If you have any questions regarding submitting your materials or need technical assistance in doing so please contact Jill Haught at email@example.com.
If you have questions and/or require any additional information regarding the Mid-Career Researcher Award, please contact Dr. Lorraine Wallace, NAPCRG Awards Committee Chair (Lorraine.Wallace@osumc.edu or 614-366-1785).