NAPCRG Student Family Medicine/ Primary Care Research Award
The need for capacity building in primary care research is well recognized. A recent report prepared by the AFMO Research Capacity Building Committee recognizes the need to mentor interested medical students. NAPCRG is originating this award to both recognize medical student research and by doing so promote family medicine/primary care research.
To recognize outstanding family medicine/primary care research performed by a medical student.
Designation of the Award
One award may be made by each department of family medicine. The NAPCRG Board suggests that each department create a committee to review medical student applications and make the award recommendation to the department chair. Note that NAPCRG does not select the honorees; departments tell NAPCRG headquarters who should be honored from their school. NAPCRG will supply the certificate that may be framed by the department if it elects to do so.
Please submit the name of your honoree to NAPCRG via e-mail to email@example.com for preparation of the certificate. While some departments prefer to present these certificates at graduation ceremonies in the spring, you may honor your student at the time that makes the most sense for your department.
Contact Jill Haught, NAPCRG Operations Manager, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 757-581-7459, with questions.
- No student may win the award more than once.
- There is only one award per school.
- The research for consideration must have been completed while the student was attending medical school.
- The nature of the research and whether it qualifies as "family medicine/primary care" research is at the discretion of the school's award committee
- Jointly done research between two medical students may be eligible for a joint award.
- Research must be in large measure performed by the medical student. This includes most but not necessarily all of the following: the inception of the idea, development of the project, gathering data, presenting the results, or writing the report or publication.
Click Here For Printable PDF Application Form
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader - Download Free Here)