BRC is a joint initiative between ADFM and NAPCRG in cooperation with STFM.
All family medicine departments and residency programs seek to build or sustain their research and scholarship capacity.
That’s where BRC comes in.
BRC provides opportunities for all departments and residency programs to engage in a mutually beneficial learning community to leverage our strengths and resources for building research capacity.
BRC offers a Brief Consultation Service and a Curriculum for all interested departments and residency programs and an Extended Consultation Service on a limited basis.
Three BRC Components:
BRC is developing curricular elements which are aimed at helping departments and residency programs begin to put building blocks in place for growing research capacity.
Core Curricular Topics
Brief Consultation Service (BCS)
- How to build a culture of inquiry
- How to think about & approach the value of collaboration in research
- Leadership as a critical component of developing and sustaining research capacity
- Research faculty development, support & skill development
- Building the research team
- Financing and staffing research infrastructure
- Developing and leveraging existing family medicine research labs
Extended Consultation Service (ECS)
- An inter-department/inter-residency/inter-institutional Consultation Service
- Experienced research leaders provide brief consultations on research and scholarship capacity building
Assessment & Evaluation
- Two-year Extended Consultation Service at the institutional level
- Initially launched for two groups of department and institutional leaders
Measurable outcomes will be defined for both short-term and long-term
-The ultimate impact of the Extended Consultation Service on a department and institution may take decades, not years, to fully realize.
BUILDING RESEARCH CAPACITY (BRC) is a joint ADFM/NAPCRG initiative.
Volunteer members contributing to BRC are many –
BRC STEERING COMMITTEE
Bernard Ewigman, Chair, ADFM
Dana King, NAPCRG
Lee Green, NAPCRG, Leader, Assessment and Evaluation Workgroup
Tony Kuzel, ADFM, Co-Leader, Extended Consultation Service (ECS) Workgroup
David Schneider, Leader, Curriculum and Consultation Workgroup
Ardis Davis, Executive Director, ADFM
Tom Vansaghi, Executive Director, NAPCRG
BRC Curriculum and Consultation Workgroup
Dave Schneider, Leader
Dana King, Steering Committee Liaison
BRC Assessment and Evaluation Workgroup
Lee Green, Leader
Bernard Ewigman, Steering Committee Liaison
Tanvir Turin Chowdhury
BRC Extended Consultation Service (ECS) Workgroup
Tony Kuzel and CJ Peek, Co-Leaders
Mack Ruffin (limited availability during upcoming transition to Chair position)
Advisor: Frank deGruy
Staff Resource: Hannah Bruins, NAPCRG
For more information about the BRC program, contact Hannah Bruins at hbruins@NAPCRG.org.