Board of Directors
Board Member responsibilities include attendance at two in-person meetings per year, as well as teleconference meetings and active electronic conversations. In some years, the Board has held additional meetings. Executive committee positions (Vice President, President, Immediate Past President, Secretary-Treasurer) require attendance of weekly teleconference calls. Nomination Board positions require a time and energy commitment that should not be underestimated. Candidates are urged to consider personal priorities for the two years as well as ways for them to contribute to the development of the organization.
Open positions for 2017-2018 Board of Directors are:
- Program Committee Co-Chair
- Membership Committee Chair
- CASFM Chair
- Nominations Committee Chair
- Community Clinician Advisory Group Chair
- Resident/Student US Representative
- US Patient Representative
- Canadian Patient Representative
Job descriptions for the open Board of Directors positions can be found here.
Time and Financial Considerations for Board Members
- Conference Calls for updates on programs, setting policy, etc. (as needed).
- Committee Work (generally by email) if applicable. November Board Meeting (date varies).
- March/April Board Meeting (date varies).
- Attend the NAPCRG Annual Meeting.
NAPCRG board members are reimbursed the amount of coach airfare, ground transportation and expenses for the days during the March/April meeting. Board members will be reimbursed for (1) nights hotel expense while attending a board meeting at the NAPCRG Annual Meeting if an extended stay is required. Board members pay for their own travel, additional hotel nights and conference registration to attend the meetings during the NAPCRG Annual Meeting.
Other Items of Note
All members of the Board of Directors receive Directors and Officers Liability Insurance. When possible, the President position will be alternated between a U.S. and Canadian member. The NAPCRG Nominations Committee and Board of Directors strictly adheres to NAPCRG policy on promoting diversity when selecting nominees for open positions. See the policy on promoting diversity here.
*Nominations for the NAPCRG Board of Directors’ position of Vice President will be limited to NAPCRG members who have either served previously or currently serve on the NAPCRG Board of Directors and/or have actively participated on a NAPCRG Committee.
NAPCRG has nine standing committees and five workgroups. These groups meet once every two or three months via teleconference and use email to update and communicate. Committee meetings typically last 1-2 hours, and action items from committees are considered by the Board of Directors.
Open committee member positions for the 2017-2018:
- Nominations Committee (2)
- Research Advocacy Committee (2)
- Communications Committee (3)
- International Committee (6)
- Membership (1)
- Program Committee (3)
- CASFM HIT Canadian Co-Chair (1)
In order to be eligible for committee/workgroup membership, candidates must be current, paid members of NAPCRG. Members of NAPCRG’s standing committees serve for a two-year term and are limited to two consecutive terms.
A Committee member’s term begins and ends on the last day of the NAPCRG Annual Meeting
(usually held in October or November).
NAPCRG Committee descriptions can be found here.
Overview & Process
- Submit the completed nomination application form and your résumé / CV by midnight, April 1, 2017. All nominees must complete this nomination application to be considered for the position.
- Complete the Conflict of Interest form found here and send to Tom Vansaghi at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 913-906-6096
- Copies of the completed application will be distributed to the Nominations Committee and members of the Board of Directors and will aid in understanding how you would like to contribute to the organization's work.
- All applications and résumé / CV's will be reviewed by the Nominations Committee.
- Nominations Committee will make recommendations for each open board position to the Board of Directors. Board of Directors meet and review the recommendations and then motion for selection.
- Committee member nominations will submitted to the respective committee chair.
Questions? Contact Tom Vansaghi at email@example.com.