2021 NAPCRG PBRN Conference -- Presenter Information
The 2021 NAPCRG PBRN Conference will be virtual due to concerns with COVID-19. We realize that some of you may not have much experience presenting in a virtual format, and we’re here to assist you. Please review this information and contact our staff if you have questions or concerns.
Step 1: Confirm Your Participation
Check your email for a message from NAPCRG that contains specific deadlines and instructions on how to confirm your participation based on the type of presentation you have been invited to give (e.g., oral presentation, poster presentation, or workshop).
Step 2: Update Your Presentation with Appropriate Co-Authors
Lead presenters, go to https://submit.napcrg.org to make updates, if needed.
Step 3: Prepare Your Virtual Presentation
Review and follow directions below based on your accepted category.
Your will receive direct communications from NAPCRG staff regarding specifics on workshop presentations.
Your oral presentation will be presented consecutively with up to three other oral presentations in a live session hosted in Zoom. You will have 15 minutes to present and discuss with conference attendees. We recommend oral presentations be 8-10 minutes in length followed by 3-4 minutes of Q&A. Sessions will be moderated to ensure all presenters get an equal amount of time.
If you would like to use PowerPoint slides with your presentation (strongly encouraged), you will need to be comfortable using Zoom screen share function to display and advance your slides.
Presenters are welcome to use the NAPCRG-provided PowerPoint template if you like. Access NAPCRG PowerPoint template here
Poster Presentation Sessions
Poster presentations will be part of the PBRN Virtual Poster Hall.
These materials are available to attendees to view at their own convenience on-demand during the conference. There will be a comment section under each poster presentation for viewers to leave comments and questions for the presenters to read and/or reply to directly.
All poster presentations will include a visual of the poster, abstract, and an optional handout or video recording of 1-3 minutes.
How to Create Your Digital Poster Presentation:
- Create your poster with PowerPoint
- Your document size should be 12" x 9"
- No font size smaller than 12 point should be used
- Don’t use small graphics or charts
- If you want to share a lot of data, information, and/or small graphics we recommend you use a QR code on the poster for attendees to access this additional information. Or you can include any additional data, resources, etc. as a PDF handout and have verbiage on your poster such as "see handout for additional information"
- Save the completed PowerPoint file for your records
- Export the file as a .jpg or .png (you will upload and submit this to NAPCRG)
- File should be named: submission ID #_poster (Example: 4567_poster.png)
- Record your 1-3 minute presentation video about your poster project (optional)
- Upload your video to YouTube
- How-to resource for uploading a video to YouTube: Upload videos - YouTube Help
- Link for YouTube video should be for embedded link - similar to https://www.youtube.com/embed/xxxxxx
- See https://wpexplorer-themes.com/total/docs/get-embed-urllink-youtube-video/for how to get the embed link
- Supplemental Handout (Optional)
- All handouts associated with your presentation should be saved as a single PDF file and named submission ID #_handout.pdf - (i.e. 4567_handout.pdf).
Step 3: Upload Your Poster Presentation to NAPCRG
For Oral Presentation Sessions
PLEASE NOTE: Because oral presentations are being presented live (not pre-recorded), you will NOT need to upload your slides in advance.
For Poster Presentation Sessions
Log into your NAPCRG account at https://submit.napcrg.org. For each virtual conference submission where you are the lead presenter you will see an "Upload Materials" link. Click "Upload Materials." Follow the instructions on the screen and select "Choose File" to upload your poster file.
Optional Materials: Enter your YouTube video link in the text box or "Choose File" to upload a handout. Click "Submit Material." You will receive an email confirmation once your materials are uploaded.
**Please note: Once your file is submitted, no changes or modifications can be made to the file. Be sure to practice and review your file(s) before submitting.**
In order to release this content for viewing during the 2021 PBRN Conference on June 24-25, 2021, poster presentations as well as optional videos and handouts are due to NAPCRG by Monday, May 24. Only presentations received by this deadline will be available at the virtual conference. We are unable to accept any additional presentations after this date.
Step 4: Register for the 2021 PBRN Conference
All presenters are required to register for the PBRN Conference. Registration is open here.
We are excited to host this virtual conference and thank you for committing to present at this year’s PBRN Conference. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funding for this conference was made possible [in part] by grant 1R13HS027067-02 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services; nor does mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.