How to become a Board or Gallery Member
Each year, as positions within the Board of Directors become open, the following process will be followed to fill these positions.
Step One: The Governance Committee (with staff assistance) will conduct an open call to the NAPCRG membership for nominations for open positions to the NAPCRG Board of Directors. Communication methods for the nominations call will include email, website announcement, social media communication, and a newsletter announcement. A list of open positions, links to appropriate job descriptions, nominations forms, and deadlines will be included in all communications.
- All nominees for the NAPCRG Board of Directors are required to complete a nominations form.
- All nominees for the NAPCRG Board of Directors are required to complete a conflict of interest disclosure form.
Step Two: All nominations will go to the NAPCRG Governance Committee to screen, process, discuss, and prioritize, and when necessary solicit, each nominee based on their qualifications that fit with the job description and current needs of the organization. The Governance Committee Chair will present a nominee(s) for each open position to the NAPCRG Board of Directors for discussion and approval.
Step Three: The NAPCRG Board of Directors will review nominee(s) for each open position. The Board of Directors will confirm (yay or nay) the nominee for open positions with one nominee sent forward, and vote on the candidates where more than one nominee is sent forward from the Governance Committee. Whichever candidate receives the majority vote of the Board of Directors will be elected to the Board.
Step Four: The duly elected Board of Directors will be communicated to the NAPCRG membership through all communications channels.
Updated by NAPCRG Board of Directors April 30, 2016.
Board of Directors Positions (voting members):
- Immediate Past President
- Communications Committee Chair
- CASFM Committee Chair
- Community Clinicians Advisory Group Chair
- Governance Committee Chair
- International Committee Chair
- Membership Committee Chair
- Program Committee Chair
- Research Advocacy Committee Chair
- Patient Representative, US
- Patient Representative, Canada
- Trainee Representative (1)
Gallery Positions (non-voting):
- Awards Committee Chair
- Program Committee Vice Chair (committee appointed position)
- CFPC Section of Researchers Representative
- American Board of Family Medicine Liaison
- CFPC Liaison
- Graham Center Liaison
- National Research Network Liaison
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Liaison
- Invited Advisors (TBD as needed, invitation only)
Statement on Promoting Diversity
“The North American Primary Care Research Group seeks to promote the participation of a diverse membership in its leadership, meetings and programs, research, employment, and all of its other endeavors. We strive to include all regardless of sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, race, religion, disability, ancestry or national origin.”
----Adopted February 14, 2014