As you explore the many facets of being a member, you will find the programs and activities of NAPCRG to be innovative and a reflection of the shared interests and needs of its members.
Connect with others who share your passion
- Search for fellow NAPCRG members using the members-only membership directory.
- Access to NAPCRG Connect, an online networking tool is exclusive to NAPCRG members and allows for instant, active responses in an online community platform. NAPCRG Connect is your mechanism for communicating with your primary care research colleagues from anywhere in the world to exchange ideas, share knowledge, participate in progressive discussions, ask questions, and work with special interest groups.
- The NAPCRG Annual Meeting is the premier meeting for primary care researchers with over 800 oral presentations, posters, workshops and forums. CME credit is available.
- The Practice-based Research Network (PBRN) Conference brings together PBRN researchers from the US, Canada, and many other nations to come together to share strategies, methods, and results.
- Participate in a Special Interest Group (SIG). Each SIG has its own community site used for communication, networking, and sharing documents among its members. Each year at the NAPCRG Annual Meeting, SIGs have an opportunity to meet and network face-to-face during SIG breakfast sessions.
- Involvement in NAPCRG is one of the best ways to get the support, knowledge, networking and experience you need to advance your primary care research career
- Participation in committees, special interest groups, and other members-only groups
- Serve as a abstract reviewer and/or conference session moderator
- Present a paper or poster at conference
- Present a preconference, workshop or forum at conference
- Propose a webinar, NAPCRG encourages members with an interest in contributing to educational programming to propose webinar topics at any time.
- Become a mentor, NAPCRG launched a brand new mentorship program in 2017. The program pairs NAPCRG members who are looking for guidance in particular interest areas with those who have expertise on a variety of topics
Advance your research opportunities
- Opportunities to collaborate with Practice-Based Research Networks
- Patient Engagement Network
- Grant Generating Project (GGP)
- Building Research Capacity (BRC) Program
- CAFM Educational Research Alliance (CERA)
Be in the know
- Access to the monthly NAPCRG Newsletter
- Journal discounts available to members for International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine; Journal of Primary Care & Community Health; Family Practice and Quality in Primary Care (see below)
- Free webinars over subjects on funding, publishing, patient engagement, and other subjects relevant to primary care research
- The NAPCRG Awards program offers several awards to recognize members throughout their careers.
- Member recognition for years of membership
Special resources for students, residents, and fellows
- Participate in the Mentor Match program. NAPCRG pairs members who are looking for guidance in particular interest areas with those who have expertise on a variety of topics.
- The Trainee Program aims to cultivate a nurturing learning environment for all students, residents and fellows in the field of primary care research. The program has several components with the cumulative objective to create more involvement, community and resources for NAPCRG trainee members, including travel stipends for trainee members to attend the NAPCRG Annual Meeting.
- Specific programming and networking events design for trainee members at the Annual Meeting.
- Awards design to specifically recognize outstanding research completed by trainee members.
Download and share the NAPCRG Membership Benefits Guide.
NAPCRG Member Journal Discounts
Annals of Family Medicine
Annals of Family Medicine advances knowledge essential to understanding and improving health and primary care through peer-reviewed clinical research. Keep up with the latest in family medicine research—in print or online. Free online and has the same content (sometimes more) as the print version.
Print NAPCRG member rate is $65 (U.S.) $80 (Canada) $95 (International). For more information on how to subscribe, click here.
NAPCRG member rate is $181, a savings of 75% off the individual list price of $766.
Journal of Comorbidity
NAPCRG member should contact the Journal of Comorbidity for more information and to subscribe.
International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine
NAPCRG member rate is $59 plus postage and handling, a savings of 28% off the individual list price of $82.
Journal of Primary Care & Community Health
Free online subscription for NAPCRG members to this quarterly, peer-reviewed journal with a focus on practice, impact and outcomes of primary care services and community health programs. Order online.
Quality in Primary Care
First-year discounted library subscription price of $200 for NAPCRG members' employing institutions.
To obtain this one-time discount, institutions should 1) mention the name of the NAPCRG member employed at the institution and 2) order via e-mail through firstname.lastname@example.org
*If you are on the editorial board or staff of a journal that would like to offer a reduced subscription rate to NAPCRG members, please send a request to email@example.com.